Friday, January 19, 2018

Love Your Enemies

Scripture:

Matthew 6:44 "But I say, love you enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven.  For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike."

Observation:

Jesus tells us here to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us.  He says then we will be acting like children of God.  We act most like God when we love those who hate us and pray for those who are against us. 

Application:

We need to be people who love, no matter what happens to us.  When evil is done to us, we need to forgive and love like our heavenly father does.  When people speak evil of us and put us down, we need to pray for them instead of trying to prove our point or get them in trouble.  Our place, and the most godly thing to do is simply to love, then we are being like our Father.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to be more like You.  Let me represent you well on the earth.  Help my attitude to reflect Your attitude.  Help me to walk in the Spirit and live by the Spirit instead of doing whatever I feel like doing.  Teach me to live Your way instead of my own.  Empower me to live a life that brings you glory.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment