Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Kind Speech

Scripture:

Genesis 50:21 "No, don't be afraid.  I will continue to take care of you and your children.  So he reassured them by speaking kindly to them."

Observation:

When Israel died, Joseph's brothers were afraid he would change his mind about how they had treated them in the past.  They were terrified that, with the death of his father, he would get angry at his brothers and have them killed.  He assured them he wouldn't do them any harm and would continue to take care of them.  He reassured them by speaking kindly to them.

Application:

A kind word is very powerful.  It has the ability to diffuse really bad situations.  A kind word can assure people that you are not angry.  A kind word can let people know you are under control and not going to lose it about something.  We need to be people who use kind words and peace will follow.

Prayer:

Father, help me to always bring a kind word, even to those who try to destroy me.  Help me control my tongue at all times.  I want to speak blessings, not curses over those around me.  Give me the right words to speak at all times.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment