Monday, September 14, 2020

What to Pursue

 Scripture:

“But you, Timothy, are a man of God; so run from all these evil things. Pursue righteousness and a godly life, along with faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness.”  1 Timothy‬ ‭6:11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Paul tells his protege Timothy here that he should pursue righteousness, a godly life, have faith, love perseverance, and gentleness.  These are the things we should be pursuing in life if we really want to serve the Lord well.  If we pursue these things, everything else will be added to us and God will take care of all our other needs.

Application:

I like living with a focus and to be always pursuing something.  I love to be working toward a goal of improving some are of life.  I like to see improvement, even if it is in physical things like painting a wall or improving the way something works.  I need to be pursuing righteousness, a godly life, faith perseverance, love and gentleness.  Some of these are fruit of the Spirit, which should come naturally by living by the Spirit, but Paul tells us to pursue them.  I want to be a better person this year than I was last year.  I want to make more impact in godly living than I have before.

Prayer:

Father, let me pursue the right things.  Let me not pursue things that won’t last, but things of true spiritual and eternal value.  I want to pursue You and Your kingdom with greater measure.  Even in this time of COVID 19 where everything has changed, show me how to live daily while waiting for certain doors to open back up.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment