Tuesday, September 29, 2020

God’s Discipline

 Scripture:

“Lord, your discipline is good, for it leads to life and health. You restore my health and allow me to live!”  ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭38:16‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

King Hezekiah had his life extended 15 years when he cried out to the Lord.  In this poem of praise, he tells us God’s discipline leads to life and health.  He goes on to say that God restores his health and allowed him to live.  He was giving God thanks for extending his life.

Application:

We should thank God for His discipline in our lives.  When He disciplines us, He is treating us like a father and helping us to grow.  When He disciplines us, it is because He loves us.  When we receive His discipline and correction, we are growing strong and healthy.  God’s discipline doesn’t destroy us, but makes us stronger.  We should thank God for loving us enough not to leave us where He found us, but rather He gives us what we need to grow us.

Prayer:

Father, thank You for continuing to work with me.  Thank You for Your discipline and correction in my life.  Help me to become more and more like You.  Help me to represent You well in my generation.  Lord, we need You during this season like no other.  Teach me to walk humbly before You and to finish Your work on this earth.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment