Monday, September 28, 2020

Search the Book

 Scripture:

“Search the book of the Lord, and see what he will do. Not one of these birds and animals will be missing, and none will lack a mate, for the Lord has promised this. His Spirit will make it all come true.”  Isaiah‬ ‭34:16‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Isaiah is telling the people to search the book of the Lord to see what He will do.  He also reminded the people that what God promised, His Spirit will make it come true.  When we find a promise in the word of God, we can stand on it and know the the Spirit will make it all come true.

Application:

We need to be searchers of the word of the Lord.  We need to read it, study it, memorize it, and ingest it.  What God promises in His word will truly come to pass.  I need to up my game in studying the Word of the Lord.  Sometimes, after years of ministry and Bible reading, we can feel like we know it pretty well.  We can never get to that place.  We must always be studying, learning and implementing the Word of God into our lives.

Prayer:

Father, help me to be a searcher of the Scriptures.  Teach me to love Your word more and more.  I want to stand on Your promises from Your word and be strong in them.  I want to know Your word and get it more into my life.  I want my words to be Your words and my thoughts to be Your thoughts because I know You and Your word.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment