Monday, June 20, 2011

Sabbath Rest

Scripture:

Leviticus 25:21 "Then I will command my blessing on you in the sixth year, and it will bring forth produce enough for three years".

Observation:

In this passage the Lord is speaking about the Sabbath year. He said that His people should sow for six years and let the land rest the seventh year. The people were thinking, "How are we going to eat in the seventh year?" God said, I will command My blessing on the sixth year and it will produce enough for three years.

Application:

It is amazing that today this chapter was in my reading because today I am starting a Sabbatical, or, period of rest from ministry for the next eight weeks. In the past 10 years, I would not have been able to take a Sabbatical because I would have to worry how the church was going to survive and pay the bills while I was away. My board and I made a decision to do a Sabbath of rest for our pastors several months ago. God has provided supernaturally in the past four months and I am able to go away without the stress of wondering if the church will survive financially. We have literally seen this promise manifested in our church since we decided to honor Sabbath rest. God provides when we do what is Biblical and scriptural. He honors Sabbath rest.

Prayer:

Father, thank You for confirming once again how awesome You are and how Your promises never fail. You are amazing and I love You more every day! Let this time of Sabbath be honoring to You and let Your blessing continue to flow at Word of Life while I am away. You are amazing!

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment