Tuesday, June 7, 2011

As Many as Touched Him

Scripture:

Mark 6:56 "Wherever He entered, into villages, cities, or the country, they laid the sick in the marketplaces, and begged Him that they might just touch the hem of His garment. And as many as touched Him were made whole".

Observation:

Wherever Jesus went, crowds followed. He healed their sick, taught them and even fed them when they were hungry. When He went into cities or villages, they would bring the sick into the marketplaces so that they could touch Him when He walked by. As they touched Him, they were made whole. The same Spirit that worked through Christ is suppose to be working through His followers. When I look around me, I don't see lines of sick people trying to touch me. Something must be wrong.

Application:

I want to see the Spirit of God working through the people of God once again. Jesus said that greater works than what He did, His disciples would do. We must seek the Lord until we see what He promised. I want to see more sick people healed. Everywhere Jesus went, healing naturally followed. May it be said of His followers that everywhere they go, people get healed. I don't know exactly what has hindered Christ's followers from being more like Him in this area, but I want to seek Him until I find out.

Prayer:

Lord, restore power to Your people that we may be more effective for You. Fill me fresh with Your Holy Spirit and let me fulfill Your will for my life. You are amazing and I love you with all my heart. Teach me to hear Your voice clearer and to walk in Your power. I want to represent You well on the earth.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment