Monday, June 13, 2011

Fire on the Altar

Scripture:

Leviticus 6:13 "A fire shall always be burning on the altar; it shall never go out".

Observation:

On the altar of the burnt offering, the fire was never to go out. Daily, the priests would have to dispose properly of the ashes, bu the fire was never to go out. It actually says three times in six verses that the fire shall not go out. It must have been important.

Application:

The altar of the burnt offering was continually burning because there needed to be continual daily sacrifice for the nation. The fire produced smoke and incense created a beautiful aroma that went up before the Lord. Our lives need to be a continual sweet smelling incense to the Lord and the fire of God should never go out of our heart. We need to keep our daily devotional and prayer time alive and burning within us. Fire needs to be tended in order to continue. We have the ability to increase and decrease our fire level by adding the right stuff of offering our lives to the Lord. We must offer our lives on the altar of sacrifice in order to keep the flame burning.

Prayer:

Lord, never let my fire die. I want my life to be a sweet smelling incense of continual offering to You. Walk with me and talk with me. I offer you my life and ask you to receive this offering and bless it with your fire.

Sincerely,
Jeff Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment