Friday, June 3, 2011

A Jealous God

Scripture:

Exodus 34:14 "(for you shall worship no other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God)".

Observation:

God has no problem making it known that He is a jealous God and that He wants to be first in people's lives. He wants no other gods in the lives of His people. He has always wanted to be their God and for them to be His people. This text actually says that His name is "Jealous". He wants to be first and wants no seconds!

Application:

God is a good, loving, kind, compassionate, forgiving, god! His character is amazing. He is faithful to us beyond description, but He also wants us to be faithful to Him. He wants to be first place in our lives. He wants to be the center of our lives, for He is jealous. We need to evaluate whether He is truly first in our lives. What is competing with Him for our time and attention? We must live lives that are fully surrendered to Him in every area.

Prayer:

Father, I want my life to be centered on You. It seems like my life gets so busy on so many things, which are usually good things, that I don't feel like I am able to spend enough time with You. I ask you to help me to keep You first and say no to others. I miss my time with You. Draw me again into You presence. Fill me again with You Spirit. I want and long for more of You in my life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment