Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Be Holy

Scripture:

Leviticus 11:45 "For I am the Lord who brings you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God. You shall therefore be holy, for I am holy".

Observation:

In this passage I see the main reason God brought the children of Israel out of Egypt was so that He could be their God and that they may be His people. This has been His heart from the beginning. He wants to have a people who look to Him as God and who are his people. As the people of God, He expects His people to be holy even as He is holy.

Application:

God expects holiness in His people. He wants us to be completely His and for us to be like Him in holiness. We need more teaching and preaching on holiness today. The church found out that legalism was wrong and the pendulum swong to grace until most people feel they can live any way they want because God loves them and accepts them and their sinful lives. God does love us, but He also hates our sin and wants us to step away from it and avoid sin like the plague. He expects holiness from his people and we should give it to Him.

Prayer:

Father, You are holy and I worship You for that. I want to be a better reflection of who You are. Help me to walk in holiness and fulfill Your plans for my life. Be my God and let me be Yours completely. I don't want a legalistic list of do's and don'ts. I want holiness from the heart that love God 100% and loves my neighbors 100%.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment