Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Palm Sunday

Scripture:

Zechariah 9:9 "Rejoice, O people of Zion! Shout in triumph, O people of Jerusalem! Look, your king is coming to you. He is righteous and victorious, yet he is humble, riding on a donkey - riding on a donkey's colt"

Observation:

Zechariah was prophesying the return of God's people from captivity in the verses just preceding this. Though they were a remnant, they would come back and rebuild the temple of the Lord. Here, in the same context, we find a Messianic prophecy about Jesus that was fulfilled on what we now call Palm Sunday. The return to Jerusalem of the exiles happened shortly after this prophecy, but the king coming on a donkey was hundreds of years later.

Application:

When God shares a prophetic word, parts may come true immediately, parts may take a long time to be fulfilled. By faith and patience we inherit the promises. When Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey, it was a direct fulfillment, yet it was hundreds of years after the rest of the prophecies came true. Sometimes prophetically we see things that are ahead of our time, yet are on the heart of God. Don't get discouraged when a prophetic word doesn't come immediately. We generally don't have a time frame on prophetic revelation.

Prayer:

Father, help me to be patient until the prophetic words You have spoken over my life come to pass. Help me to be persistent in doing what You have called me to do. I like quick results, but you have been speaking to me about patience and being faithful in what is little. I hear you speaking to me and will learn to be patient until the fulfillment comes.

I Love You,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment