Monday, April 11, 2011

The Accuser

Scripture:

Zechariah 3:1 "Then the angel showed me Jeshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord. The Accuser, Satan, was there at the angel's right hand, making accusations against Jeshua".

Observation:

Satan is called the Accuser of the brethren because he accuses the brethren night and day. In this case, he is accusing Jeshua the high priest before the angel of the Lord. Since the garden of Eden, Satan has been accusing people. Accusation usually takes the focus off of yourself and puts it on someone else to make them look guilty. People generally accuse others to keep their names clean.

Application:

Knowing we have an accuser, we should be cautious to live lives that are above reproach. Satan will always be accusing us of something. Therefore we should do our best to give him as little as possible to work with. Jesus said that Satan had nothing in Him. We should live lives that give Satan no room for accusation. He does his job well and we need to be aware of his schemes.

Prayer:

Father, you taught us to pray "Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from the evil one". I pray that Satan will have nothing in me to accuse me of. Help me to live a life that gives him nothing to work with. I know he will always accuse because that is his job, but help me to not give him much to work with. Help me to walk in the Spirit on a daily basis.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment