Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Daily Wash 3/31

Scripture:

John 15:16 "You didn't choose Me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name".

Observation:

Jesus was about to be crucified and He is with His disciples. His last meal with them He wanted to say the most important things to them. In this verse He says "You didn't choose me, I chose you". They needed to understand that they hadn't just made a decision to follow Jesus, but that Jesus chose them to follow Him. They also needed to know that He appointed them to go and produce lasting fruit and that the Father would give them whatever they needed to make that happen.

Application:

We must realize that we don't choose Jesus, He chooses us. Our lives are not our own, we've been bought with a price. Jesus gave his disciples a purpose, to produce lasting fruit. He says the same to us. Many people wonder what the will of God is for their lives. It can be summed up in these words, "produce lasting fruit". The disciples did their job. 2000 years later, we are fruit. How many people will be fruit bearers because of me?

Prayer:

Lord, teach me to bear much fruit. It is fruit that glorifies the Father. If we bear much fruit, the Father will give us whatever we want. Help me to hear Your voice clearer and become a fruit producer. I need your help in this. Show me the way as I continue to read Your word. I ask You now to let my life produce much fruit.

You're the best!
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment