Thursday, March 26, 2009

Daily Wash 3/26

Scripture:

Luke 24:49 "And now I will send the Holy Spirit, just as my Father promised. But stay here in the city until the Holy Spirit comes and fills you with power from heaven".

Observation:

Jesus had just died, resurrected and walked around for some time. He was getting ready to depart and ascend into heaven. The last words He speaks to those around Him are extremely important. He tells them not to leave the city until they received the Holy Spirit.

Application:

Jesus felt that the power of the Holy Spirit was crucial in the life of a believer. In John, He said it was better for those around Him if He went away, because if He didn't go away the Holy Spirit could not come. The Holy Spirit is crucial equipment for us on a daily basis. Jesus told the disciples not to go about their ministry until they were endued with power from on high. We need the power fo the Holy Spirit to do the work of God in the world today. If it was important for the apostles and disciples, it is important for us.

Prayer:

Lord, may every person who ready this blog be filled to overflowing with the precious Holy Spirit. I want to be filled as they were on the day of Pentecost. I want more of You in my life! Come Holy Spirit and fill my life with Your presence and power.

I love You,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment