Monday, March 30, 2009

Daily Wash 3/29

Scripture:

John 7:38 "Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the scriptures declare, Rivers of living water will flow from his heart".

Observation:

Just before this, Jesus shouts to the crowd, "Anyone who is thirsty let him come to me and drink". I'm sure they were thirsty from following Him. Some were probably dissapointed when they realized he was talking spiritually and not physically. He tells them that anyone who believe in him would have a river of living water flowing out of them. Many times the scripture compares the Holy Spirit to water. Here Jesus says that we as Christians should have a river flowing out of us.

Application:

Is your river stopped up? Is the Holy Spirit flowing through your life? A river never stops running. many of us feel the river flowing throug us on Sundays, but Monday morning there is not river flowing, not ever a trickle! I want the river of God to flow through me on a daily basis and never stop. Rivers don't start and stop. They continually flow! Also notice the water is "living water". There should be a life-giving stream flowing from our lives everyday. Rivers attract people, refresh people and provide for people. Our lives should attract people, refresh people and fill people.

Prayer:

Let your living water flow through my life today and everday. I want to be a river that continually flows with Your goodness and grace. Don't allow anything in me to stop up your river. help me to hear your voice every day and flow in what I hear. Teach me to abide in You and to allow You to flow through me everywhere I go.

I love serving You!
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment