Friday, September 4, 2020

Patience and Self-Control

 Scripture:

“Better to be patient than powerful; better to have self-control than to conquer a city.”

‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭16:32‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Patience and self-control are absolutely powerful in our lives.  Solomon declares here that patience is better than power and self-control is better than conquering a city.  If you can conquer a city but can’t conquer your own struggles, you will never enjoy the city.  If you have power, but no patience, you will never win.

Application:

Many teachers tell you not to pray for patience because tribulation works patience.  I do believe in praying for patience because we should want all of the fruit of the Spirit.  Patience and self-control are both fruit of the Spirit and I want them in my life.  I want to be everything Christ wants me to be.  I want to lead with patience and self-control.  

Prayer:

Father, help me to exude patience and self-control.  Help me to walk with the wise and become wise.  Teach me to discipline my life to honor You in all things.  Let my life bring honor to Your name and reputation.  Help me to walk with You and become more and more like You.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment