Saturday, September 26, 2020

From the Heart and Not the Lips

Scripture:

“And so the Lord says, “These people say they are mine. They honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. And their worship of me is nothing but man-made rules learned by rote.”  ‭Isaiah‬ ‭29:13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Isaiah speaks on the Lord’s behalf and tells the people that they say they belong to the LORD and they even honor Go with their lips, but their hearts are far from Him.  He goes on to say that Their worship is just man-made rules they have memorized.  God has always desired His people to love Him and serve Him out of love and not out of religious duty and obligation.

Application:

Jesus told us to love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength.  He spoke much about the heart of the matter.  God doesn’t want us to be religious people, but people who love Him and passionately serve Him.  It is dangerous to “say” we love God with our lips, but not really serve Him with our hearts.  He knows the difference.  We need a heart check periodically.

Prayer:

Father, check my heart and speak to me.  Don’t let my heart grow cold or my desire for You wane.  Help me to walk before You with e pure heart all the days of my life.  You are my strength and song.  You are my salvation.  You are my righteousness.  Fill me with Your Spirit today.  As we go to DC for The Return, meet us there and hear our cry for America to return to You.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment