Thursday, September 24, 2020

Extreme Obedience

Scripture:

 “the Lord told Isaiah son of Amoz, “Take off the burlap you have been wearing, and remove your sandals.” Isaiah did as he was told and walked around naked and barefoot.”  ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭20:2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The LORD told Isaiah to walk around barefoot and naked for three years.  It was a prophetic word to Egypt and Ethiopia about what was coming to them and how they would be marched around naked and barefoot and how they would serve others in that day.  Isaiah did as the LORD told him to do.  I call this extreme obedience.  Obedience that makes no sense, but obedience nonetheless.

Application:

I love to walk in extreme obedience with the LORD, but I don’t think I would be willing to go this far.  Old Testament prophets often lived their lives as a sermon illustration to the people they were prophesying to. Sometimes when I am afraid of what people will think of me for witnessing to strangers I need to be reminded that Isaiah walked naked and barefoot for 3 years and wasn’t ashamed or afraid.  I need to work on being less afraid of what people will think of me and start sharing Christ more.

Prayer:

Father, help me to lead more people to Jesus and not to be afraid of what people will think of me.  Help me to see their eternal soul more than I see what they will think of me.  Teach me to walk in extreme obedience when You speak to me.  Let me hear Your voice clearly and follow with all my heart.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment