Saturday, November 25, 2017

Subjected to Ordinances

Scripture:

I Peter 2:13-14 "Be subject to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether to the king, as supreme; or unto governors, as sent by him for vengeance on evil-doers and for praise to them that do well."

Observation:

God tells us here through Peter, that we should be subjected, or submitted, to every ordinance of man.  He says we authorities, even ungodly authorities, were put there by God to bring vengeance on those that deserve it and praise for them that do well."

Application:

Sometimes as believers, we act like we are above the laws of the jurisdictions we live in.  Sometimes we feel like the law only applies when we like it, understand it, or agree with it.  Scripturally, we are to obey the laws of the land we live in and submit to them.  Christfollowers should get praise from our authorities because we are walking in submission to what they say.  We should be the example for others of humble submission to the laws of our land.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in ways that bring you glory and honor.  Help me to submit to the authorities You have placed over my life.  Teach me to make You and Your kingdom look good to those around me.  I want to walk with you all the days of my life and to exalt Your name.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment