Monday, November 27, 2017

Extreme Obedience

Scripture:

Hosea 1:2 "When Jehovah spake at the first by Hosea, Jehovah said unto Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredom and children of whoredom; for the land doth commit great whoredom, departing from Jehovah.  So he went and took Gomer the daughter of Diblaim; and she conceived, and bare him a son."

Observation:

Apparently this was at the beginning of Hosea's ministry because it says when Jehovah spoke at first by Hosea.  His calling to ministry required extreme obedience.  He was told to marry a prostitute as an example of Israel.  It simply says, "so he went and took Gomer".  Apparently he didn't question, he simply obeyed.

Application:

Can God trust us to do what He says, even when it doesn't seem to make sense?  We must learn to be people of extreme obedience.  When God speaks, we must be willing to act on what He tells us.  This week I need to practice quick and extreme obedience.  I need to obey first and ask questions later.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to implement extreme and quick obedience in to my life.  I want to serve you well.  Help me to walk in the Spirit each day and fulfill Your will for my life that day.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment