Thursday, November 23, 2017

Set My Face

Scripture:

Daniel 9:3  "And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting and sackcloth and ashes."

Observation:

Daniel was led by the Lord into a time of prayer and fasting.  When we went in, he went all in.  He began to seek the Lord in prayer, supplications, fasting, and sackcloth.  He "set his face".  In other words, he was all in.  He was committed to this time of prayer and seeking God.

Application:

There needs to be times in our lives where we push everything away and seek the Lord in prayer, supplications, and fasting.  We need to have times set in our lives where we really set our face to seeking the Lord.  He is incredible and worth the pursuit.

Prayer:

Father, draw me in to your presence and draw my to times of prayer and fasting.  I want to be completely yours.  Help me to set my face to be your servant and to knowing Your will.  I want to know You more each day.  Draw me Holy Spirit into Your presence.  I want to hear from You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment