Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Provoke unto Love

Scripture:

Hebrews 10:24  "and let us consider one another to provoke unto love and good works."

Observation:

The author is talking about the New Covenant available through the blood of Jesus.  Then he says, "and let us consider one another to provoke unto love and good works."  Basically, understanding what Jesus did for us should cause us to provoke love and good works from those around us.

Application:

I want my life to provoke others.  When I think of the word "provoke", I think to push or encourage others.  My life should encourage others towards love and good works.  I want my life to cause people to want the same.  My life should cause others to want to walk in love and good works.

Prayer:

Father, let my life be an example to others of love and good works.  Let my light shine in order to provoke others toward You.  Help me to follow You closely and to do Your will above everything else.  Let my life make a difference to those around me and be an encouragement.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment