Friday, July 28, 2017

Who Gives Wisdom?

Scripture:

Job 38:36  "Who hath put wisdom in the inward parts?  Or who hath given understanding to the mind?"

Observation:

At this point in Job, God is responding to Job and telling Him not to get too cocky.  He was letting Job know that He is God and that Job is nothing in His presence.  In His rebuke to Job, God says some powerful things.  He asks Job who put wisdom in a man and who gives understanding to people's minds.

Application:

The inference here is that God puts wisdom and understanding in the hearts and minds of men.  It is God who gets all the glory and not man.  Man can do a lot of great things, but it is God who created man and gave man that potential.  We need to trust the God who created us and who gives wisdom and understanding.  He has all of it we need and He is the one who has given it to the smartest of the smart and the wisest of the wise.  When we need wisdom and understanding, we must go to God, who is the source of it.

Prayer:

Father, You are all-wise and I come to You this morning asking You to make me wise and help me to be a person of understanding.  Teach me Your ways and let me walk in Your paths.  You are incredible and I want to learn from You.  Let my life exude wisdom and understanding from You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment