Wednesday, July 26, 2017

A Covenant with My Eyes

Scripture:

Job 31:1  "I made a covenant with mine eyes; How then should I look upon a virgin?"

Observation:

Job, in his defense of being pure before God in every area, tells his friends that he had made a covenant with his eyes.  He told them he had made a covenant not to look at a young lady.  Job had apparently done everything possible to stay pure and on the right track.

Application:

There are times in our lives when we need to make a covenant with ourselves, that we will not do certain things we know to be dangerous for us.  We need to know ourselves and our weaknesses, then make decisions not to fall in those areas.  If we know we have certain struggles, we need to strengthen ourselves in those areas, that we may please God.

Prayer:

Father, help me to keep my ways pure before You every day of my life.  I ask You to keep a deep resolve in my heart not to sin against You in any way.  Holy Spirit, empower me to live a life that honors God and reflects how He wants me to live.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment