Monday, July 24, 2017

Tested

Scripture:

Job 23:10 "But He knows the way that I take; When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold".

Observation:

Job is defending himself to his friends.  He is talking about God and what he had been personally going through.  He had lost everything and even his health was failing.  His own wife told him to curse God and die.  Job's reply to everyone was, "When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold".

Application:

Job knew he had done nothing wrong and was confident that the Lord was testing him.  He knew if he passed the test, that everything would be okay.  He knew he would come out as gold when the test was over.  We must be able to have the same confidence when we are tested.  We must live lives that give us confidence that we have done nothing wrong and that we absolutely know that when the test is over, we will come out as gold.  Me must live "gold standard" lives.

Prayer:

Father, examine my heart and cleanse me from anything that is not from You.  Let my life reflect You in every way.  Let me come out of every test as pure gold.  Help me to live a life that is pleasing to You above all else.  I am yours.

Love,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment