Friday, April 28, 2017

Vexed

Scripture:

Judges 16:16  "And when she pressed him hard with her words day after day, and urged him, his soul was vexed to death".

Observation:

Delilah continued to press Samson day after day until he couldn't take it any more.  He knew what he was doing was wrong, but her pressing him day after day caused him to give in and give up the information that would kill him.

Application:

Sometimes, because of the vexing of our souls by those around us, we can do things that will cause us great pain down the road.  We can make terrible decisions because someone continues to hound us day after day.  We can destroy our entire future because of the continued pressure from people around us.  We must be cautious about this and remain in close relationship with the Holy Spirit so that we are sensitive to His voice and don't make poor decisions that will destroy our destiny.

Prayer:

Father, help me to listen closely to Your voice.  Let me be led by Your Spirit and not the voices and pressures of those around me.  Help me to fulfill Your will above all else in my life.  You are amazing and I commit my life to You and Your purposes.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment