Thursday, April 27, 2017

God's Way of Working

Scripture:

Judges 13:5  "for behold, you shall conceive and bear a son.  No razor shall come upon his head, for the child shall be a Nazirite to God from the womb, and he shall begin to save Israel from the hand of the Philistines".

Observation:

This verse is in response to verse number one that says that Israel did evil in the sight of the Lord.  From this I see that when the Lord wants to do something in the earth, He sets apart a child.  When Israel needed a deliverer, God went to work before conception to send an answer.  God thinks far, far in advance.

Application:

Sometimes when we don't see the answer for some part of our lives, God may have been working on something for a long time.  God is never in a rush.  He is working things out years in advance so that His will is accomplished.  Samson was promised and set apart years before Israel needed a deliverer.  We need to trust God more.

Prayer:

Father, help me to trust that You know what you are doing with my life.  You have me where I am for Your purposes, which were determined long before I was born.  Help me to get on Your track and do Your will.  Help me to realize when things stress me out, that You have been planning my deliverance for years.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment