Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Rest

Scripture:

Judges 8:28  "So Midian was subdued before the people of Israel, and they raised their heads no more.  And the land had rest forty years in the days of Gideon".

Observation:

Throughout the Old Testament I see that when the godly are ruling God's people, they are blessed with rest.  When God's people are doing things His way, He gives rest to them from all the attacks of their enemies.  Here the people of Israel went from fearing Midian to resting in God's favor for forty years.

Application:

God has promised rest for His people over and over throughout the Scriptures.  It is in Old and New Testaments.  When we really have faith that God is fighting our battles, we will be able to rest knowing that He is in control.  I generally think of God as moving and working and getting things accomplished, but one of the great signs that God is moving is rest.  Rest is a good thing.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to rest in You.  Help me to give my best and serve You ALL IN and ALL OUT, but let me do it in a spirit of rest, knowing You have everything under control and that You will accomplish more than all my work could accomplish anyway.  Help me to walk in faith and learn to rest in You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment