Sunday, April 2, 2017

Peace, Peace, Wonderful Peace

Scripture:

John 14:27  "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.  Not as the world gives do I give to you.  Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid".

Observation:

When Jesus was telling His disciples that He was preparing to go away, He told them that He was leaving His peace with them.  He told them very clearly that He was giving them His peace.  He didn't want His disciples to be afraid or troubled, but to have peace.

Application:

We are the disciples of Christ today and we have the same offer given to us.  Jesus wants His people to be full of peace.  When we know that God is in control, we should have a genuine peace.  When we walk in faith, we should have peace in our hearts because we totally trust our Father will take care of us.  The more trust we have in our Father, the more peace we will have in our lives.  He gave us His peace, I need to walk in it.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to walk in Your peace.  Help me to trust You at greater levels each day.  I know that my trust in You will bring me more and more peace.  Help me to carry Your peace and to demonstrate Your peace to others that they may see how You can bring peace in any situation.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment