Thursday, September 14, 2017

Godliness with Contentment

Scripture:

I Timothy 6:6-7 "But godliness with contentment is great gain: for we brought nothing into the world, for neither can we carry anything out".

Observation:

Paul tells Timothy here that he shouldn't get wrapped up in materialism, but rather to be godly and content.  He goes on to tell him that we brought nothing into this world and that we can take nothing out of this world.

Application:

Sometimes we need to be reminded that having more and better stuff will never make us happy.  We need to live godly and content where God has us.  It is easy to compare ourselves with ourselves and to feel bad about not being at a certain place in life concerning material things, but God wants us to be content.  We can work hard to have nice things, but in the end we cannot take those things with us into heaven.

Prayer:

Lord, help me not to get carried away with the abundance of things.  Help me to walk in contentment with where You have me at this period of time in my life.  Teach me to live in contentment, being glad for how you have provided for me and my family.  Instead of seeing what I don't have, help me to be content with what I do have.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment