Friday, April 14, 2017

Joy for Dishonor

Scripture:

Acts 5:41  "Then they left the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer dishonor for the name".

Observation:

The apostles suffered dishonor, were beaten and told not to speak in the name of Jesus. Their reaction was to be full of joy because they were counted worthy to suffer dishonor for Jesus.  They were honored by dishonor.  They were joyful because they had been associated with Christ and were beginning to suffer like Him.

Application:

Today we hear of defamation of character lawsuits because someone was dishonored.  We hear of people suing others because they had been dishonored.  Nobody likes to be dishonored, but if we are dishonored for Christ, there is honor in dishonor.  When we are mistreated because of our walk with Christ, we are truly becoming more like Him.  When this happens, we should rejoice because we are counted worthy to be dishonored for His name.

Prayer:

Father, help me to find honor in dishonor.  Help me to view things the way You view them.  Teach me to live fully for Christ every day and to fulfill Your will for my life.  Guide me, lead me,, direct my life and let me serve You well all the days of my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment