Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Examine the Word

Scripture:

Acts 17:11 "Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so."

Observation:

When Paul and Silas went to Berea, they went into the synagogue and began reasoning through the Scriptures.  The Bereans were commended here because they examined the Scriptures daily to see if what Paul and Silas were saying was true.  They didn't just listen, but went to the Word to check out what they were being told.

Application:

Go to the Word!  That should be our motto when we hear new teachings, new ideas, or things that we don't quite understand.  The word is true and is the foundation of our spiritual lives.  Everything must be checked out according to the Word and not just our emotions, feelings, or discernment.  We need to always be going to the Word.  In it is life and truth and hope for our lives.

Prayer:

Father, let me be a man of Your Word.  Let Your Word dwell in my richly.  Help me to study Your Word more and more.  Help me to understand it as I read it and look into it.  Change my life as I study Your Word.  Help me grow more and more in this.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment