Tuesday, March 26, 2019

The Guaranteed Blessings of Following the Lord

Scripture:

““The Lord will guarantee a blessing on everything you do and will fill your storehouses with grain. The Lord your God will bless you in the land he is giving you.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭28:8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, the Lord guaranteed the people of Israel that is they would follow Him completely and not serve any other gods, He would guarantee a blessing on everything they did.  He said He would make sure their storehouses were filled with grain and that His blessing would be on their lives.  He guaranteed it if they would obey His decrees.

Application:

In the NT we have been grafted in as spiritual Israel.  We who believe have inherited Israel’s blessings when we obey.  We are God’s sons and daughters.  Therefore, He has also guaranteed a blessing on our lives as well.  We are now the children of Abraham and part of the covenant.  In the covenant, when we do our part, God always do His part.  We are promised here that there will be no lack.

Prayer:

Father, You are good and You faithfulness is incredible.  Help me to walk in Your ways and to fulfill Your will in my life each day.  I want to hear Your voice and follow completely.  Fill my storehouses as You promised and let Your blessing be evident in my life.  As I fully obey and follow You, overflow my life with Your blessings and teach me to walk in the blessed life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment