Thursday, March 28, 2019

Life in the Word

Scripture:

“These instructions are not empty words—they are your life! By obeying them you will enjoy a long life in the land you will occupy when you cross the Jordan River.””
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭32:47‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

These words are part of a song Moses wrote.  He says that the instructions the Lord gave him are not empty words, they are LIFE!  When you obey them you will be blessed and have all the blessings recorded in Deuteronomy.  When you choose not to obey, you will have all the curses of Deuteronomy.  His words are more than just words... they are LIFE.

Application:

When I read the Bible, I want to realize that I am not reading mere words, but that I am receiving LIFE when I read His words.  I want to approach the Word of God with more and more passion and joy.  I want His word to be like a fire shut up in my bones as Jeremiah said.

Prayer:

Lord, place an insatiable desire for more of Your Word in my life.  Help me not to simply read it, but to love it, apply it, walk in it, and be full of it.  Let Your Word guide my life and lead me where I need to go.  Let Your Word be the passion of my life and let me enjoy a long blessed life because I obey Your word.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment