Saturday, March 2, 2019

Excuses

Scripture:

““I say to you all, the one who receives an invitation to feast with me and makes excuses will never enjoy my banquet.””
‭‭Luke‬ ‭14:24‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Jesus was telling the story of a man who was throwing a huge banquet and invited all of the high and mighty people.  When they were approached, they all had excuses for why they couldn’t attend.  Jesus finished the story with the verse above.  “The one who receives an invitation to feast with me and makes excuses will never enjoy my banquet.”

Application:

God has invited all of us to an incredible banquet.  He has invited us to be with Him and have fellowship with Him.  We cannot make excuses when the King of all Kings wants to fellowship with us.  I need to eliminate excuses from my life.  I have always felt that I would do more for the Lord when I have enough money, staff, resources, etc.  God is saying to me that I need to stop making excuses and start obeying when He tells me to do something.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to obey You without making any excuses.  Enable me to walk in obedience and not complaint.  Teach me to walk an excuse-free life, simply doing what You call me to do.  I want to do Your will, but I have made excuses.  Forgive me Lord.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment