Thursday, March 7, 2019

Blessing God’s People

Scripture:

“‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’ Whenever Aaron and his sons bless the people of Israel in my name, I myself will bless them.””
‭‭Numbers‬ ‭6:24-27‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

This blessing was given to Aaron and His sons to be spoken over God’s people.  God said that when they pronounced this blessing on them, God would Himself bless them.  In the New Testament, we are a kingdom of priests to the Lord.  When we pronounce a blessing, it will stand.

Application:

We need to speak and release the blessing of God to His people.  This blessing speaks of God’s blessing, his protection, Him smiling on people and being gracious to them.  It asks the Lord to show favor and give peace to His people.  I need to speak the blessings of God as a minister.  I want to see God’s people blessed, therefore, I need to bless them.

Prayer:

Father, forgive me for not blessing Your people.  It says here that when Aaron or his sons pronounced this blessing, that You Yourself would bless them.  I want to see Your people blessed.  Remind me to speak over them the blessing of the Lord that they may prosper.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment