Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Be Careful

Scripture:

““But that is the time to be careful! Beware that in your plenty you do not forget the Lord your God and disobey his commands, regulations, and decrees that I am giving you today.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭8:11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God was about to bring the children of Israel into the Promised Land.  He told them He was going to bless them and kick all their enemies out of the land.  He gave them specific instructions about how to defeat their enemies, but He also knew the human spirit and warned them about being careful to remember Him when their day of blessing came.

Application:

Many times, like the people of Israel, we seek God to bless us, then when He blesses us, we go and do our thing or think we achieved greatness on our own.  It is in the season of blessing that we need to be careful.  We must learn to honor God in the good times and in the bad times.  He must be praised for every good thing He has done for us.  God does bless His people and blesses obedience.  WHen He does, we must be careful to not forget Him.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to walk humbly before You all the days of my life.  You have blessed me over and over.  Without You, my life would be a disaster.  I need You Lord.  Help me to always remember that every good thing in my life is because of You.  You are the source of every good thing that has ever happened to me.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment