Saturday, May 13, 2017

Let The Lord Judge

Scripture:

I Samuel 24:12  "May the Lord judge between me and you, may the Lord avenge me against you, but my hand shall not be against you".

Observation:

Saul was hunting David down to kill him.  When David had the opportunity to kill Saul, he didn't take it, but spared his life.  Here is is talking to Saul about that event and told him these powerful words, "May the Lord judge between me and you...but my hand shall not be against you".

Application:

David determined that he would honor the leadership God had put in place and if God wanted them removed, God would remove them.  He refused to take things into his own hands and fully trusted God to avenge him of those trying to kill him.  We must learn to give our situations to the Lord and let Him judge.  Our job is to submit to those above us and then trust God to defend us when necessary.  Our job is to walk in integrity and trust God for our personal lives.

Prayer:

Father, You are amazing and I trust You with my life, my future, and my everything.  Help me to never fight for myself, but to honor You and let You fight my battles.  Help me never promote myself or fight my own battles, but to let You defend me and fight on my behalf.  Not my will, but Yours be done.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment