Thursday, May 20, 2010

Repayment

Scripture:

Luke 18:29-30 "I assure you that everyone who has given up house or wife or brother or parents or children, for the sake of the Kingdom of God, will be repaid many times over in this life, and will have eternal life in the world to come".

Observation:

Jesus had just encountered the rich man who couldn't give up his possessions to enter the kingdom of heaven. Jesus tells them that it is very difficult for rich people to enter the kingdom and good old Peter says, "We've left our homes to follow you". Jesus responds with the verse of the day and tells him that everyone who las left things in this life for his sake and the kingdom will be repaid many times over in this life and will also receive eternal life.

Application:

Somtimes when you feel like you have given everything you have for the sake of the gospel and the kingdom, it is difficult. Other people seem to be progressing in their careers, buying cars, homes, etc and you are still just getting by in life and praying in every bill. When Jesus assures us of something, we can trust it will happen, just maybe not in our timing. He promised us that if we give up houses, lands, people etc., that it will come come back to us many times over in this life. I am trusting this every day for my family who has given up so much to follow the calling of God on my life. From this verse I know it is coming.

Prayer:

Lord, thank you for encourgaing me to keep on keeping on and to trust you with my personal finances. Sometimes I struggle when I see others excel in life and have financial stability when I seem to have to trust you for every day. Thank you for reminding me that there is a repayment for things we have missed out on and that it is IN THIS LIFE. I'm looking for it based on this verse.

Love you Lord and will serve Your completely even if it doesn't happen,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment