Tuesday, May 16, 2017

How Could You?

Scripture:

II Samuel 1:14  "David said to him, 'How is it you were not afraid to put out your hand to destroy the Lord's anointed?'"

Observation:

A young Amalakite came to David and reported to him that Saul was dead.  He said he knew it because as he came upon Saul, he found him nearly dead and Saul asked him to kill him and end his agony.  He thought David would love to hear the news that the person who was trying to kill him was dead, instead, David was upset and had him killed for being the person who killed the man God had anointed as king.

Application:

David believed, as we should, that God is in control and He raises up and puts down.  He trusted God that when the time was right, he would be king.  Until then, he was suppose to submit to the leadership over him.  We need to learn from this to support those in authority over us until God raises us up.  We need to be careful to not take things into our own hands, but to trust God to deliver us and raise us up instead of fighting for position.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to trust You more.  Work in my life and help me to submit to those who are in authority over me.  Help me to speak only positive of those who You have placed over my life.  You are my rock and my fortress.  You are my strength and my song.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment