Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Heart Struck

Scripture:

II Samuel 24:10  "But David's heart truck him after he had numbered the people.  And David said to the Lord, 'I have sinned greatly in what I have done. But now, O Lord, please take away the iniquity of your servant, for I have done very foolishly'".

Observation:

David had numbered the people of Israel and Judah to see how many and how powerful they were.  This would allow David to have confidence in his army instead of in God, who he had leaned on his whole life.  He knew it was wrong before the Lord, but he did it anyway.  The bible records that David's heart struck him.  His heart punched him, grabbed him, got his attention.

Application:

Just like David, our heart should strike us when we do wrong before the Lord.  There should be extreme conviction when we sin or disobey God.  When you are walking with God, you will always be very sensitive to what pleases Him.  When our walk fades and we begin going through the motions, our heart no longer strikes us when we do wrong.  If our heart is not striking us once in a while, we need to check our relationship with God to make sure we are walking closely with Him.

Prayer:

Father God, grab my heart when I do wrong.  Grab my heart before I do wrong.  Let my heart be stricken with the things that displease You.  I want my life to bring you blessing and honor, when it doesn't, strike my heart and let me respond correctly.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment