Monday, May 22, 2017

He Delights in Me

Scripture:

II Samuel 22:20  "He brought me out into a broad place; he rescued me, because he delighted in me."

Observation:

In this song, David was telling how awesome God was and how many times God had delivered him, saved him, rescued him and fought his battles.  It is a song of worship and praise for all the Lord had done for him.  In the midst of a song full of praise, you see how David felt about his relationship with God.  he said, "He delighted in me".  David believed that God was delighted in him and was super-strong because of it.

Application:

Many of us love the Lord, believe in the Lord and cry out to the Lord, but we have a poor understanding of how the Lord feels about us.  Can we say like David that the Lord "delighted in me".  Do we really feel like God is delighted with us or do we feel like He simply puts up with us.  The fact is, He is delighted with His children.  he delights in us and we can walk in confidence because of it.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in the confidence in our relationship like David did.  I know in my head that You delight in me, but sometimes I don't feel it in my heart.  Thank you for reminding me this morning that You delight in me and giving me confidence to walk in that.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment