Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Blessed By His Presence

Scripture:

II Samuel 6:11 "And the ark of the Lord remained in the house of Obed-edom the Gittite three months, and the Lord blessed Obed-edom and all his household".

Observation:

When David was trying to bring the Ark of the Covenant back to the City of David, Uzzah reached out and touched it to stabilize it.  When he did, the Lord struck him down.  David decided to leave the Ark at the home of Obed-edom.  Three months later, David received word that Obed-edom's house was being blessed.  There was some physical evidence of the blessing of God where the Ark was.

Application:

The Ark in the Old Testament, was where the presence of God was.  When the presence of God was with Obed-edom, he was blessed in ways that caused people to take note of it.  We are the Temple of the Holy Spirit and people should be able to see the blessing on our lives.  Does my life look different than others because the presence of the Lord is with me?  Do I look blessed when others see me?  If not, I need to seek God about where His blessing is on my life.

Prayer:

Father, let Your blessing be evident in my life like it was in Obed-edom's.  Somehow, people could see that You were blessing him.  Let my life shine for You and let Your presence go with me everywhere I go.  May Your hand be upon my life and I say like Jabez, "Oh that You would bless me indeed".  Let Your blessing fall on my life.

Yours
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment