Monday, May 17, 2010

Who Do You Say I Am?

Scripture:

Luke 9:20 "Then He asked them, 'But who do you say I am?'"

Observation:

Jesus was in conversation with his disciples and he asked them what people thought of him. he asked them who people said he was. They replied that some said John the Baptist of a prophet. Jesus returns with another question: "Who do you say I am?"

Application:

Jesus is concerned about how we view him. He first ask what people said about him. Then he made it very personal by asking who they disciples thought he was. Jesus wants us to know him personally. He wants relationship with us and for us to know him deeply. Who you believe he is will affect what and how you respond and react to him. We must believe what the word of God says about him and not what the common opinion of those around us think.

Prayer:

Lord, I tell you all the time: You're my savior, deliverer, my healer, my strength, my Lord, my friend, my shield and my buckler. You are my everything! There is no one like you. You are my hiding place, my restorer, my trainer and I give you my life completely for your purposes. You're the best!

Jeff Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment