Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Lord will Provide

Scripture:

Genesis 22:14 "And Abraham called the name of the place, The Lord Will Provide; as it is said to this day, In the Mount of the Lord is shall be provided'".

Observation:

Abraham had just obeyed the voice of the Lord by taking his only son Isaac to the mountain to sacrifice him to the Lord. He had bound his son and was ready to sarifice him when the Angel of the Lord stopped him and a ram was provided. God saw the willingness and obedience of Abraham and provided the offering for him. When God sees a willing heart to sacrifice for Him, He provides!

Application:

Abraham was willing and ready to offer his son, then God stopped him and provided the sacrifice. One of the great names of God is "The Lord our Provider". He takes care of his own! God provided the sacrifice "after" He saw the obedience of Abraham. Many times we want God to provide for us and even get mad at Him when He doesn't, but we haven't been obedient in the things He has called us to do. Why should God provide for us if we are not going to do what He asks us to. Obedience is the key to having the provision of God in your life.

Prayer:

Father, obedience in better than sacrifice has a whole new meaning today. Thank You for speaking to me this morning. You are great and awesome! I love you with all my heart. Help me to walk in obedience to all You call me to do. I don't want to cry out for Your Provision while I'm not in obedience. I want to hear Your voice clearly every day and to do exactly what You want me to.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment