Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I Will Bring You Back Again

Scripture:

Genesis 46:3 "I am God, the God of your father, the voice said, Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for there I will make your family into a great nation. I will go with you down to Egypt, and I will bring you back again. You will die in Egypt, but Joseph will be with you to close your eyes".

Observation:

Abraham and Isaac had been promised the land that Jacob was leaving behind as he was going to Egypt where his son Joseph was ruling. The text says that in the night he had a vision and God spoke to him through it. God made a promise to Jacob here that was powerful. He said Jacob was going to die in Egypt, but that one day his descendants would go back to the land they were promised by the Lord. I also observe how clearly God spoke to him before he journeyed. I would love to be led by the Spirit this way.

Application:

Sometimes God let's us go through trying circumstances and even provides a way out that doesn't seem right to us. If God had promised me a land, and famine came, I would probably stay where God planted me and not think of leaving. God still speaks to His people. He wants to lead us and guide us on the journey of life. We must seek Him until His voice is as clear as it was the Jacob that day. God leads them out of the promised land with a promise, "I will bring you back again". In other words, "don't get use to it all, you're not staying."

Prayer:

Lord, I am intrigued by the way the OT men of God heard Your voice so clearly as they made decisions. I want to be led by the Spirit more every day. Teach me to listen to Your voice and to obey immediately. I want You to guide my life and show me what is coming. Open my ears to hear what you are saying to the church.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment