Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Watch Your Words

 Scripture:

“The words of the godly are a life-giving fountain; the words of the wicked conceal violent intentions.”

‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭10:11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Solomon here compares words to a life-giving fountain.  He goes on to say that wicked people use words to hide their violent intentions.  Words can bring life or words can hide things.  Words can build us or words can tear down.

Application:

We must be very cautious with our words.  Death and life are in the power of our words and we will eat what we speak.  I want my words to be like a life-giving fountain that is a blessing to everyone around.  I want to harness the power of right words for the Kingdom of God.  I want the Holy Spirit to guide my tongue.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to harness my words for Your glory.  Help me to bring forth a life-giving fountain and not a stagnant puddle of death.  Help me to think before I speak and to only speak what You want me to speak.  Teach me to watch my words.  Let my mouth be used for Your glory and the extension of Your kingdom and let my words not bring shame or reproach on Your name.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment