Tuesday, September 15, 2020

The Search

 Scripture:

“So I said to myself, “I will get up and roam the city, searching in all its streets and squares. I will search for the one I love.” So I searched everywhere but did not find him.”  Song of Songs‬ ‭3:2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

This passage is speaking of a lover passionately searching for the one she loved.  We are the bride of Christ and in the Same way this lover sought after her mate, we should seek the Lord as the lover of our souls.  Finding Him is worth the pursuit.

Application:

I have always been one who is at God seeker.  I have always sought after Him and longed for His presence.  I love to search for Him and to find Him.  I have had some incredible encounters with the LORD in my times of seeking.  The result is always the same, “I want more.”  Desire doesn’t go away once you find Him and encounter Him, it increases.  I long for the presence of the Lord.  I remain thirsty for my King.  May my heart never be satisfied with regular religious rituals, but only with finding the one I love so much.

Prayer:

Lord, I pursue You today with all my heart.  I want to come into the secret place of the Most High today.  I long for Your presence.  I long to be with You.  I desire you like a woman desires the love of her husband. I long to hear Your voice whisper in my ear the things of God.  Help me to never stop pursuing You or seeking You.  Let me never stop search for more of You in my life.

In Eternal Pursuit,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment