Monday, September 7, 2020

Speaking Truth Always

 Scripture:

“Just as damaging as a madman shooting a deadly weapon is someone who lies to a friend and then says, “I was only joking.””

‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭26:18-19‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The author compares lying to someone and then saying “just kidding” or “I was only joking”, to a madman shooting a deadly weapon.  That’s a very strong comparison about how damaging it is to say something and then declare that you were only joking.

Application:

I know I am guilty of saying things and then saying I was only joking.  I am convicted this morning about my yes being yes and my no being no.  I don’t want to be the person who says things to people and then tells them I was only joking.  I have done it many times in jest, but God is speaking to me today and telling me to change this.

Prayer:

Father, forgive me for joking about things.  I don’t want to be like a madman with a shooting weapon to my friends.  I want to bring life, love and liberty with my tongue.  Help me to walk this out day by day.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment