Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Greed or Trust?

Scripture:

“Greed causes fighting; trusting the Lord leads to prosperity.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭28:25‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Greed is a form of jealousy that desires something someone else has.  It lusts after money or possessions.   It causes a person to fight for what they want instead of trusting the Lord to give them what they need.  This proverbs tells us that trusting God leads to prosperity.  Trusting God instead of trusting ourselves is hard to do, but it leads to prosperity.

Application:

God always takes care of the humble and those who are content in Him.  H knows how to prosper His children and those who trust Him.  I need to learn to be satisfied where I am on the way to where God is taking me.  I don’t to live a greedy life, but a blessed life that blesses others.  My trust is not in getting more, but in knowing the LORD more.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to trust You more and more in my life.  I want to live the life You want me to live.  Help me not to be greedy or jealous of someone else, but to walk in submission to You and Your desires for my life.  Help me to trust You more.  Let prosperity come into my life through trusting You more.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment